Sunday, July 12, 2009

We're Ready



I am now 39 weeks pregant, 80% effaced, 2 cm dialated, 7 days left...or less hopefully. I can't believe how fast time has flown by! Within the last couple of days Derek and I have gotten done with a lot of stuff on our to do lists, which feels really good. A lot of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, there was a ton to do in a tiny townhouse to get ready, but I think we're finally ready. I'm hoping the little guy knows this as well and chooses to come this week. Derek and I made curtains for the baby's room, I think we did a pretty good job for never making curtains before. I also made a matching pillow for the rocking chair some friends gave us. The carseat is in the car and hooked up. I have my bag packed along with the baby's and a list of the rest of the stuff we need to grab when we leave. Anyone have any ideas on key items we should bring to the hospital?

I'm feeling really well surprisingly. I've heard such horrible stories of people being so uncomfortable in the last couple weeks of pregnancy. I've been really blessed this whole time. I never really got morning sickness, unless I got really hungry. I only got heartburn for a couple weeks and haven't had it for a long time. He's not really squishing up against my lungs so I can breath fine. My ankles and feet have gotten a little swollen, but not terrible and it's only on some days and Derek is more than willing to rub them:). My back hasn't really been bothering me. And since the beginning I didn't think my belly button was going to pop because I have a super inny belly button and so far it hasn't, which seems like a silly thing to be happy about, but for some reason it makes me happy. However, it's been a little bit more difficult sleeping at night. I probably wake up about 8 times or more, at least 4 times to pee and then like a hot dog I have to keep rotating myself from one hip to the other because it gets sore. It's getting a little harder to walk, my hip flexers are getting pretty sore, but not bad. In the last week I've also been getting pretty hot. I've only had one little breakdown recently and it was at the doctor's office. I had to go twice last week because my blood pressure was a little high. I went Monday and Thursday, they took blood on Monday and then on Thursday after waiting for 45 minutes in an extremely hot office, my doctor wanted to take blood again, I told her I had just gotten blood taken on Monday, and she was like oh really, it looks like they didn't do the labs on it...that's when I got teary eyed. I think the waiting is just getting to me and the fact that I don't like blood getting taken.

It's kind of funny, because we're just waiting around for our lives to get flipped upside down. Everyday I go to bed wondering if it's going to happen tonight and wake up in the morning wondering if today is going to be the day. Everything we do, I think to myself, we are never going to be doing this the same way ever again, waking up in the morning, taking a shower, getting ready, cooking, cleaning, etc...everything is just going to have to be tweaked with a baby.

We are so excited to meet this little guy after 10 months of carrying him, to see what he looks like, to hold him, touch his little hands and feet, give his adorable little face kisses, so excited! It's going to be really weird not being pregnant anymore after so long. I'm not going to lie, I'm very much looking forward to maybe fitting in some of my old clothes eventually:)

I got more phone calls this weekend wondering if I had gone into labor. Come on people, you will know when it happens! And going to church today, I get the, "still in there, huh" It's a little frustrating, but I know they are all as excited as we are. It's a relief and a blessing knowing we have so many caring family and friends surrounding us. We will let everyone know when it's happening:)

No comments: