Monday, November 21, 2011

A Late Night with Matt K.

So I've been super busy lately and it's only going to get worse in the next month, with nearly every week booked full of stuff.  That leaves little time to blog, but even when I do have time, I feel like the only thing I have to blog about is our lack of sleep from Miss Adeline...but not today.

Last night we went to see Matt Kearney in concert.  Love his new CD.  It was pretty awesome!  It's been a while since we had been to a concert, when I was preggo with Hakan, so over two years, wow.  Loved it!

I didn't bring my camera in, should of, but we tried getting a pic with my friend's phone, not the best, but you get the idea.


And this picture would be of me and Derek...can't you tell:)


We went with some friends of ours, Kirk and Chrystine.  The opening band was good too, The Leagues.  It was their last concert of the tour, I think they were excited to be done...the concert felt a little rushed, not a lot of small talk banter that I like with artists.  

However, it didn't start until 8:30 p.m., so we didn't get home until 12:30 a.m.  WHAT?!!?  Yeah, SUPER late for us to be out and on a work night even.  I feel really old even saying that, but with two kids and one that doesn't sleep well, sleep is precious.  I kind of feel like a truck hit me today, might be an early night tonight.

We were up in the balcony and right before Matt came on some people moved, not sure why, but awesome, because we got some sweet spots and could see everything.  Throughout the concert there was this little boy, maybe 9 or 10, who was sitting on the steps to the stage off the side and singing and drumming along, so cute!  Then during the last song he came on and did some breakdancing, also adorable (but did I mention how late it was, hopefully he sleeps late).

I love concerts!  We live in a city where lots of tours stop, and I would love to go to more...but there's the cost of tickets, cost of a sitter, etc...so we only go once in a while:) 

Anyway, exciting night for us:)

My next post will be a giveaway!!!!!!! 


No comments: