Monday, August 11, 2014

38 weeks and 3 days


Baby's c-section is scheduled for next Tuesday, August 19...we will have a brand new baby next week...like in seven days.  I'm nervous and scared and excited all at the same time!  It took us a year and a half to get pregnant and in the blink of an eye, we will be meeting him/her in a week.  

I'm ready.  Shirts don't really cover my ginormous belly, leaving me in the same dresses over and over again, I've gained the recommended weight,  my pelvis has hit it's limit of baby carrying, I can't roll over easily in bed, I'm getting up multiple times at night to go pee, I waddle like a penguin when I walk, heartburn has been pretty regular this last month, for the first time in all my pregnancies, my belly button has kind of half-popped out (mine is super duper innie and usually just stays innie), and we put up a loft bed for Hakan and Adeline in Hakan's squished twin bed from Ikea is underneath with the crib on the other side of the room...yep, three kids in one room.  

Don't get me wrong, I really love being pregnant, besides the normal aches and pains, the only issue has been low hemoglobin.  And who doesn't love maternity clothes?  But it's always a weird feeling when the baby is out, kind of a sad nostalgic feeling.  I'm also a little nervous about surgery, but knowing that it's the best decision for us and we get to meet our baby afterward, and with God's strength, we'll be fine.  My same dr. has done my other two surgeries, so as long as baby H doesn't decide to come early, she'll be doing this one too, which really puts my mind at ease.

This baby never stops moving and I feel like every time I stand up, it might just fall out.  This amount of movement makes me nervous, but also very thankful that this baby is healthy and active...just praying he/she takes it easy on us.

I have so many goals this week...hopefully I can get a few things done while still trying to relax and have fun with Derek, Hakan and Adeline.

We are so excited to meet you baby H!


No comments: