Saturday, August 9, 2014

Strawberries


We went strawberry picking a couple times this summer, once at Afton and once at Lorence's and always have fun doing it.  It wasn't the easiest thing for me to get on the ground and pick being pregnant, so luckily our kids and Derek did a fantastic job!  

I was able to make lots of jam, strawberry rhubarb, strawberry vanilla bean and just some regular strawberry, I think they're so pretty, I like to leave them all on top of our cabinet...weird?  Derek made a strawberry cake for Adeline, we've made some strawberry ice cream, strawberry crumble and we have a bunch of frozen strawberries in the freezer to use when we want them.

There was also a strawberry fest going on one of the days, so the kids and I had a yummy strawberry slushie.







The kids are super far down the row, but still picking.





I do not want summer to end anytime soon!  Too many good things come out of it here in MN!

No comments: