Monday, June 20, 2011

Nesting?


Sure:)  You could say that at 38 weeks...probably should have been doing that earlier though.

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve had this urgent need to get stuff done.  It could be that I don’t think I’ll have time to do anything once this little one is born and I only have one week left to get done with a whole lot more.  A big one planning Hakan’s 2 year birthday…crazy.

I’ve vacuumed and dusted, organized, reorganized, cleaned the oven, put up a new shower curtain rod (8 extra holes in the wall later), went through books, on top of everything I still have a ton to do for work before I’m on maternity leave.  I’ve been on a big crafting binge as well, I think I’ll rarely have time for that in the next 6 months, so I thought I better get some stuff made.

I knitted the baby a hat, which I’ve tried to do in the past and ended up with too big, too small, so short, etc.  I think this time I got, but we’ll see if it fits.


I also made 9 new taggie blankets, one of which I’m using for our baby, and the rest as gifts and or if people are interested in buying.  I was told by a cousin of this awesome fabric store that I was finally able to go to, so many adorable fabrics.  I had good self control because I can’t actually sew too many things.  I would LOVE to take some sewing classes sometime.  So by no means are any of these completely flawless, but not bad:)




My favorite!




This week I need to make a couple hoodie towels, shirts for Hakan, one that has a fabric appliqué that says “Big Brother” and one that says “Birthday Boy,”  and a baby book for our baby girl (very simple).

We also have a few things around the house we need to get done.  It’s going to be a very busy week.

I’m battling a cold as well, bad tickle in the throat, which leads to constant coughing, keeping me up at night, prayers would be very much appreciated.

No comments: