Saturday, April 16, 2011

No Green Thumb

For the last 4 years, I have tried to grow a few veggies and herbs in pots.  For 4 years, I've pretty much failed.  I would LOVE to have a garden in my backyard, but we live in a townhouse, so all I have to work with is containers.  It's tricky getting food to grow in a container.  I can almost always get them to start growing...but they either get too crowded and die, bugs, or sun kills them.  

However, I'm trying again this year.  I planted tomatoes, peppers, beans and peas.  I learn something new every year about how to possibly help them to grow better, maybe this is my year to produce more than just a couple tomatoes and beans. 
 Here are my fast growing beans

It's a good thing I didn't plant outside though, since we're getting snow in the middle of April...

No comments: