Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sleep

Sleep used to be one of my favorite things to do...it hasn't been the same since Hakan was born.

I don't even like going to bed at night, because I know I'm sleeping on egg shells, waiting for Hakan to wake up.  More often than not he does, sometimes he doesn't.  I thought maybe as he got closer to 2 he would sleep better...still hoping.  At least right now the reason is probably because of his 2yr molars that are coming in, but most of the time we have no idea what's wrong.
It doesn't help that I usually have to get up and go to the bathroom 2-3 times during the night being pregnant.  Then when I do get up, it's really difficult to fall back asleep, so I lay there and lay there, feeling our little girl kick and move, keeping me company:).

I'm actually a little fearful of when our baby girl comes, I won't get any sleep at all at night...Hakan will wake up and then the baby will wake up or vice versa, so I'll be up all night.  I know Derek will help, but I'll still be awake, able to hear everything (small house).

This is just one of the many things of parenthood that I'm trying to get used to.  I know there will be a day that I will be able to sleep again...

No comments: