Sunday, March 18, 2012

Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship & Life Together by Mark and Grace Driscoll



Marriage books are hard for me, because they focus so much on their own marriage and the issues they have had to overcome and I sometimes find it difficult to relate.


This one wasn’t all that different from other ones I’ve read, however, it does have good information tucked in the pages for all couples new and old with biblical foundations attached.

They talk very honestly about the many obstacles and struggles in their marriage that they overcame with the help of Jesus.  I completely agree with their philosophy about being friends first and foremost with your spouse, and how it does take work. 

They also candidly talk about sex, which for some reason in the church is not always openly discussed, but it’s something that couples have questions about. 

It does have some great steps and in-depth questions in the back of the book to go over with your spouse.

Although this book wasn’t necessarily a page turner for me, I do have a ton of respect for the Driscoll’s and the transparent wisdom they share about friendship, sex and marriage.

* BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book, there was no reimbursement for this review.

No comments: