Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012

We had a really nice Easter weekend.  My mom, sisters and g'ma Jenny came, g'ma for the first time:)


We went to our friend's baby, Oliver's, first birthday party and it was the cutest thing ever with a mustache theme.



The kids opened their baskets, Adeline immediately put everything into her mouth and Hakan wanted to eat all his jelly beans right away.



Der made apple fritter and cinnamon swirl donuts, so yummy, love them!


We had a good morning with our church family.  It amazes me every time I read about Jesus' death and resurrection, the sacrifice and love is just completely unimaginable to me.  I am so thankful to my savior.

Hakan got a hair cut before we headed to church, shortest ever...I'm still getting used to it.

Love trying to get a family pic, one good one out of like eight.
G'ma Wendy made this beautiful dress for miss Adeline, Hakan called her a princess:)



We had everything made the night before, makes for a much more relaxing day.  My fave, Der's buns;)




So I tried making natural dyes for our eggs, it was a complete failure.  I spent a couple hours making it and it wouldn't dye the eggs, so frustrating.  Luckily I had a cheap color set from last year, so we re-dyed them with those.  I do like using brown eggs, they look prettier I think.  We'll have to try something different next year.







I hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments: