Thursday, February 21, 2013

29

 February 19 was my birthday.  I turned 29...which really doesn't bother me all that much, I still feel young...most of the time:)

We did a little early celebrating on Sunday, because it's Derek's only day off, first my free burger at Red Robin.



Cute little pigtails!


(Adeline's wearing an amber teething necklace, it seems to help with those pesky molars)


The boys making my yummy birthday cake, tradition.




Helping mama blow out the candles.


This cake was absolutely amazing!  It's from Derek's new book, Bouchon's Bakery, it has layers of Devil's food cake, chocolate cream, and a chocolate glaze, melt in your mouth heaven!


Hakan loved it, Adeline did not, crazy girl.
  

My baker:)


On my actual birthday, we had our mom's group.  So, elementary school style, I made donuts to bring:)



While at mom's, Hakan pooped in his pull up...I'm not exaggerating when I say poop covered the entire basement of the poor mom's house we were at, on toys, tons of carpet, other kids!  I was mortified to say the least.  It was terrible, something that actually occurs at our house quite often, so not really surprising, but it's at our house, where it's our stuff that gets ruined, not someone else's.  I mean, it wouldn't be a normal day in the life of the Halvorson's without poop on the floor...
  
I did get some lovely flowers from my mother-in-law and the other mom's at group, so nice to have in our house.


Since Derek's mom was in town, she so graciously watched the kids while we went out to celebrate.  I love having Derek all to myself:)  It actually turned out to be pretty much a free date, the best kind:)  We had a gift card to Pittsburgh Blue restaurant, coupons to some stores at the MOA, and free Caribou of course.






The sparkler was pretty cool on this cupcake.


It was also my Grandma Jenny's 90th birthday, she said I was her gift from God, and her most favorite gift ever:)  I love her so much!  If you think of it, can you say a little prayer for her, she could always use them.

It was a good day, with lots of wonderful wishes from family 
and friends.  It makes a girl feel special and blessed:)

Thank you for being in my life!

Here's to a wonderful year of being 29!




No comments: