Thursday, May 9, 2013

night out with friends

This actually happened a month ago, just behind a bit.  A friend's church was offering childcare for couples to go out, perfect!  We don't have family in the area which sometimes makes it difficult to go out.  

Also, Derek surprised me with this awesome key necklace from The Giving Keys.  It's a really cool business that employs those who want to transition out of homelessness.  My key says Grace, and I need to give it away someday to someone else who might need it:)  Love it, and love my Derek!

We had three hours to do what we wanted to do.  First, we ate at Mccormick and Schmick's, we had a gift card:)  They have pretty good sea food, if you like that sort of thing...I am open to trying a few fishy things, but it's not my favorite, I had a really yummy chicken cajun pasta.  Good food and great conversation.

Then, of course, we went to Pumphouse Creamery, for the most amazing banana ice cream, among others.  Plus, right across the street, is a super cute fabric store, Sewtropolis, bonus (not so much fun for the guys, but good sports)!




Our friends, Kirk and Chrystine, riding in the back of our mini van, we ride in style people. (Derek and Kirk have been friends since wee little kids in ND)


Our scruffy mini van chauffeur.






It was a great night out, besides the church having to call us 10 minutes after dropping off the kids to say Hakan had an accident...he just went on the potty before we left, too much fun I guess.

No comments: