Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Easter time is one of my favorite times.  I am reminded of my Father's love for me.  The perfect love that had Him send his one and only son to be brutally beaten, harassed and murdered for me, me, who let's be honest, is so so far from being perfect, it's funny.  When I think about that, and the lack of love I had from my earthly father, it helps me to know that that kind of love actually exists, that I really do deserve that kind of love, even though I sometimes struggle with not being good enough or deserving.  Why me?  Because I am one of His children, whom He loves more than anything, with a love that I can understand from having my own kids, that runs so deep, you would do anything to protect them and keep them safe.  He saved me from sin, even though I make mistakes every single day.  

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

I feel Him near me all the time, in my kid's belly laughs, in the loving look and touch Derek gives me, in the bright shining sun, in the nice gesture or comment from a friend or stranger that He puts into my life, He's always with me.


I love making Adeline's dress for Easter, this year I waited until the week before, cutting it a little close, but I love how cute it turned out.  Hakan's bow tie is from his birthday last summer, with baby chicks on it.

We celebrated Easter dinner on Saturday night, to alleviate some stress on Sunday, which was super delicious.  We spent Easter going to our church, Southland City, with my mom, step-dad, and sister, and Derek's mom, dad, sister and brother.  It could not have been a more perfect day weather wise, so beautiful outside!  During service the kids got to play games and climb inflatables.  After service there was an egg "hunt."

On the way to church, Adeline started singing, "Wet it go,  wet it go, build a noman, build a noman!" Which is from Frozen and in her little voice, was just the cutest thing ever!



This is just the cutest picture, I love their relationship!



"I'm done!" As the eggs are falling out of her basket one by one.


Seriously though, only a few pieces of this will get eaten, we're not big candy people, baked goods are more our thing :).  Anyone need some extra Easter candy?!



So sweet!


Our little family of four, soon to be five.  I'm 22 weeks pregnant.



They even had some baby chicks to hold...Adeline took a minute to warm up to them.






Grandma Sue, Aunt Sammy, and Grandpa Darold


Grandma Wendy, Grandpa Ken, Aunt Erica, and Uncle Tyler


Bubbles!


The Easter bunny was good to them.





Of course we dyed some eggs for fun!


We ended the most gorgeous Easter day with our first family bike ride of the season, 7 miles, not too bad for the first one.  We also played at a park for a while.  So awesome to be outside and not be cold!

I hope everyone had a super fantastic Easter!

1 comment:

Becca Groves said...

What a blast! ALL THAT CANDY!!! Incredible! I bet that catches on in years to come...

You look beautiful in your Easter Dress. What a fun season...enjoying your two, knowing a third is on the way. Happy Easter!