Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Emotionally Draining Morning


I will start off by saying that I am writing this blog out of pure frustration and emotional unstability right now...I've cried about 4 or 5 times already today, not a very good morning to say the least, and I think I'm done for the day.

I had a dr. appt this morning with an another ultrasound because they couldn't get a good picture of the spine last time.  I've been nervous for the 4 weeks leading up to this day.  I kept telling myself everything was fine, but there's always that worry that likes to creep in and "what ifs".  Hakan coudn't come with me like he normally does, no kids allowed in the ultrasound room, so I got a sitter to come over.

My sitter was supposed to be here at 9:00, at 9:05 I texted to make sure she was on her way, no text back.  At 9:10 I called, no answer.  I finally get a text a little bit after I call saying she's sick.  Oh man, I now have about 10 minutes to get Hakan ready to go out in our March 23rd blizzard and drive the 15 minutes it takes to get there for my appt. that is in 10 minutes.  First cry of the day.  I had zero time to find someone else to watch Hakan, no one we can just randomly call and drop him off with and now they weren't going to be able to do the ultrasound.

Then I call Derek to tell him, cry number 2.

We get there about 10 minutes late, I tell them I have my baby with and I understand you can't have kids in the room.  They call me back to take my blood for my glucose test, the nurse asks if we didn't get the ultrasound because we were late, cry number 3...no, it really wasn't my fault, I say between sobs.  Then she takes us to the room.  The ultrasound tech says that we can have Hakan sit/stand next to us while she's doing it because it should be quick, praise the Lord!!  She was so very nice and even tried to get a good picture of our little girl, but she was hiding her face, again.  Hakan did fantastic, just standing on the chair, my little angel, for the moment:)

Then we met with the dr. and the spine looks great!  What a relief!  The heart rate is good, my blood pressure is good, now we just have to wait on the results from the glucose test, hopefully good.

However, I did have to go in on Monday for a bladder infection, which I used to get a lot when I was younger, but not in a really long time, they're horrible.  Of course they prescribed the medicine without being entirely sure it was the right one to treat it, I picked it up, I've taken 4 doses out of 14 and they called today to tell me I need a different one.  So money wasted on that, cry number 4, but hopefully this new one kicks the infection. 

Of course I'm just way more emotional than usual, but I don't think I broke down at the dr office when pregnant with Hakan until about 38 weeks, so I'm starting early this time, great:)

I'm just praying for a better afternoon.  I'm very thankful that our baby girl is healthy and right where she should be. 

1 comment:

Johnaj24 said...

lacy! you can totally drop hakan off here in a worst case scenario situation! and i'm glad it all worked out. sorry i couldn't talk longer.. liam was being a punk. LOVE YOU! and your precious baby girl. :)