Friday, March 11, 2011

Rough Week is an Understatement

Every year for the past 3 years Derek goes to Miami for 10 days for a nonprofit audit. The first year was a breeze, we spent our first 2 years dating long distance and a quarter of our first year married living apart...piece of cake. The next year, Hakan was about 6 months, I was working 3 days a week and he wasn't walking yet so I was still able to get some stuff done, it went by pretty fast.

This year...horrible. It didn't help that Der was gone the week before for 5 days as well, so he was gone 17 days in a month, that's a long time. I was determined to be positive and take it in stride, I've done it before, it'll be fine. So Der left on a Sunday afternoon, we did fine on Monday, we went to the zoo with a friend and had a great morning. We love the zoo:)

Tuesday, Hakan goes to the sitter, because I have a meeting on Tuesday mornings and then I can get a lot of work done in the afternoon. He loves playing with his friends there. Then Wednesday we just hung out at home, I got some work done in the afternoon while Hakan napped, but then

Wednesday night, dun, dun, dun...we were skyping with daddy like we had every night and Hakan just starting throwing up, so much throw up and continued for over an hour and then a couple times during the night. Derek had a front row seat for that, ew. Hakan actually slept pretty well that night.
Thursday, Hakan was not himself, he just layed on the couch with me and dozed in and out of sleep, very cuddly and cute:) I guess that's the upside. Then after putting Hakan to bed, he just started crying around 9:00 and nothing I did could get him to calm down and go to sleep, so I brought him into bed with me, don't judge. He doesn't actually like to sleep with us, but this was an exception, we slept the whole night. However, right before I had gone in to get him from his room, I threw up, ugh, great. So I had a horrible night waking up constantly to run to the bathroom.

On Friday, I felt like the worst, neglectful mom ever. Hakan was doing much better and while I dozed in and out of sleep on the couch, he did pretty well entertaining himself, which normally he's not so interested in. Trying to drag myself to make him food, change his diapers, make sure he wasn't getting into stuff, so hard. Bed time couldn't come soon enough. We finally went to bed, in our own beds, and both slept pretty good, except for the cough Hakan had developed, which woke him up a few times.

On Saturday, we just stayed inside, recooperated and relaxed. Hakan wasn't sleeping through the night, so we were both pretty tired.

Instead of going to church on Sunday, I didn't want to get too close to people, we ran to Petco to get Bear some food, she was completely out. Our first trip out of the house in 4 days, then spent the rest of the day at home.

I decided on Monday that we both needed to get out of the house for a while, so we went to the zoo, did I mention we love the zoo. It was perfect, Hakan got to run through the Tropics trail and I just followed.

Tuesday, one more day until Derek comes home. Hakan went to the sitters, thank goodness, it was needed for both of us. I got a ton of much needed work done. This is our busiest time for Get Your Rear In Gear 5k's, we had our first 2 races in NC last Saturday, so lots to do and a bad time to get sick.

Derek gets home on Wednesday!!! I had washed every sheet, towel, clothing, etc, cleaned and sanitized everything, in hopes that Derek would not catch whatever we had. After putting Hakan to bed, Hakan threw up. We're not sure if it was left over from what we had or what, but he was extremely gassy, pooped all night and didn't sleep much. Welcome home honey! So we were all exhausted on Thursday. Ugh, can we be done now.

Last night, Derek started not feeling well and then spent the rest of the night running to the bathroom. He never gets sick, so very weird. Apparently my cleaning did nothing to prevent him from getting sick, shoot. On the upside, Hakan slept all night:)

So this brings us to today, Derek stayed home sick, I had to get some work done and we all took a nap this afternoon. I am praying that this is the end of it and we can all feel better. Hakan still isn't eating very much and I think his stomach is still upset.
Anyway, I'm extremely glad that Derek is home now...and feeling a little better tonight. Praying for a better next 10+ days:)

No comments: