Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Fish

Today was the fist time we made fish in our house.  It was also my first time eating a whole piece of fish...besides the fish sticks my mom fed us growing up.  We made Halibut with black beans and a cilantro salsa, it was really good, kind of just tasted like chicken:)  I also loved all the colors that went with it!


I have just never liked the thought of seafood, slimy, scaley, bug-eyed fish being put into my mouth.  It just grosses me out.  It probably has something to do with growing up in ND and with a mom who also doesn't really do seafood or much else for that matter.

When my sister and I were younger, I think I was around 8, we went to Seattle to visit some family, and went to quite a few restaurants on the ocean.  I stuck with chicken strips, but my sister ate 8 fried baby octopus...I remember almost throwing up watching her.
Anyway, we want to make sure Hakan tries a lot of different foods, which means that we need to also try a lot of different foods, which besides seafood, I think we do a pretty good job of doing.
Needless to say, Hakan gagged on the fish and only ate rice and black beans.  Kind of weird because he loves grilled chicken.  But we will keep trying.  I read it can take up to 15 times for someone to try something to like it.

No comments: