Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Alyssa and Jack's visit

My little sister, Alyssa (Grand Forks, ND) and my little brother, Jack (Missoula, MT), came to visit at the end of June.  I didn't do a great job of getting pictures of them, but we had lots of fun and went to Valleyfair.  I wasn't sure how the day was going to go with Hakan and Adeline, but they did great!  We were there from 11:00 to 7:30, Adeline took a little cat nap in the stroller and Hakan wanted to go on ride after ride, he absolutely loved it, he was fearless.  Adeline wasn't big on the rides.





  

Derek and I even got to sneak away at the end and go on some rides just the two of us, we love roller coasters!

  

I can't really do spinning rides, they make me a little nauseous, but I braved a few for Hakan. 

  

Adeline ended up crying on this one...oops.



Their favorite place by far was this ball room.  Thousands of foam balls being shot out of cannons, baskets, and fountains.  It wasn't a hot day, but this place would be heaven if it was, it was air conditioned.  We spent so much time in here, it was super fun for all of us! 








Ha!  This was after filling a basket with balls and the bottom was opening to drop them like a waterfall...I wanted to be under it:)


At the end of the day, they were spent, but still smiling...in this picture at least;)


Jack was able to sleep in our living room with these two crazies playing around him.


 


At the airport waiting for his plane to go home, sad to see him leave.  The kids keep asking when he's coming back.  We are so thankful when family comes to visit, we love spending time with them!








No comments: