Wednesday, August 7, 2013

lots of strawberries

We went strawberry picking at Lorence's Berry Farm in Northfield, where we've gone for the past couple of years.  We ended up picking over 14 lbs of berries, which might seem like a lot, but I wash, hull and freeze them for smoothies and jam, so yummy!  I'm not sure how many pounds Hakan and Adeline actually ate, but I'm guessing a few, as evidenced on their face and clothing.  My mom gave Hakan and Adeline these matching overalls, I thought they'd be perfect for picking:)









  

 
  

I made and canned some jam for the first time ever, strawberry rhubarb vanilla bean, and it turned out so good!  I'll post it soon.  You can find our past strawberry picking and recipes here and here.  I love looking back and seeing how the kids have grown, so crazy! 

1 comment:

Becca Groves said...

Strawberry, Rhubarb, Vanilla Bean?!! That sounds AMAZING!!! Yum. Well done.