Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pure Joy

For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD; I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
Psalm 92:4 

We had a wonderful weekend back home in ND.  I have a few posts that will be coming about a few of the many things we did the short time we were there.

But this post is about one of my best friends.  We've known each other since 6th grade, so long ago.  I have some very incriminating videos from all my birthday parties:) 

She means the world to me.

She and her husband started trying  to have a baby a few years ago and ended up having two miscarriages.   As her friend and as a mom, my heart was breaking for them.  I didn't know what they were feeling or what to say, but only that God is in control and has a plan for their babies and them.  

I prayed for them...a lot. 

They stayed strong and looked to God for guidance and direction.  She had a procedure done and God answered all our prayers, and on March 15, 2011 they welcomed beautiful Gabby (Gabriella) into this world.

Seeing my friend, her husband and their baby this last weekend brings so much joy to my heart.  She's a wonderful mother to an adorable, smiley baby girl, watching her just made me smile from ear to ear, I love it!

I love that we can be mothers together.  We can share sweet moments and war stories:)  We can lean on one another for advice and wisdom.  We even nursed our babies together:)

It was so good seeing them, it made my whole weekend.

She's actually holding my baby Adeline, her hubby has little Gabby in the background:)  Look at her cute rolls and bow in her hair, I could just squeeze her and kiss her all day!


You are such a blessing, love ya Miss!



No comments: