Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Third Round of Apple Pickin'

I know what you're thinking, "Really...three times...." Yes, and it won't be the last time this season. You can read about our other trips here.  We each eat 2-3 apples a day, so we need to make multiple trips to keep up with our addiction:)


I've said it before, this is our favorite season and favorite thing to do, we love apples, and it's only this short time during the year, so we take advantage.

I even had a temp of 101 and still went...but how could I pass up a beautiful 85 degree day in October?!  These days are so numbered:(  Don't worry, nothing contagious, I wouldn't put other people at risk, just had mastitis for the fourth time in my life, yuck.  

So Adeline and I just hung out in the shade playing fetch with Fletcher, the owners most adorable, fun dog ever!  He almost dropped the pine cone on Adeline a couple times, but I'm sure she wouldn't have minded:)






We hadn't picked any Honeycrisp yet, so we mainly got those, SOOOOOO good!!!

Also in our baskets were Scarlet Surprise, one of the coolest apples I've ever seen, green on the outside, pink on the inside, so pretty! 


And Snow Sweet, Bonnie's Best, and Regent.

A friend of mine told me that I sound like Bubba, from Forrest Gump, talking about the kinds of apples and what we make with them...not sure that's a good thing, ha:)

One of Derek's goals is to know the different varieties of apples by looking at them..there are a lot.


Of course we had our apple cider cinnamon and sugar donuts, yum, and for the first time Sweetland's Cider, it's pure sweet heavenly apples melting in your mouth deliciousness, seriously.  Before I could get a picture, we already had some:)



On a side note, but still about apples, Der found a recipe from Rachel Ray which is basically apple crisp for one in 4 minutes, yeah, 4 minutes to eat some yumminess.  You can find it here.  Super easy, you won't regret it:)



No comments: