Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good and Bad

I was just driving in my car and started thanking God for all the blessings in our life and then I felt God ask me, “Would you be praising me if you were going through hard times as well?”

Of course my immediate answer was, “Yes, of course, I’ll always praise you!”

Then, I started thinking…

"Would I?"

It’s so easy to be a Christian when things are going the “right” way.  We have an income, a roof over our heads, our health, food, clothing, friends and family.  Things are hunky dory right now.

But what if tomorrow Derek lost his job?  Would I say, “Thank you God!”?  Probably not…

My praise shouldn’t depend on how my life is going, there are always going to be struggles and obstacles.

I don’t think God looks at me when I’m struggling and says, “She is definitely not my child, not today.”  Or looks at me when I’m doing well and says, “Yep, that’s my kid!”

He LOVES me no matter what, how amazing!

So instead of sometimes complaining about different struggles and obstacles, I should be praising and thanking Him for other blessings in my life, because I love Him no matter what and I completely trust Him.

I’m so thankful to have a relationship with a God who loves me in good times and bad.  I want to do the same for Him.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: