Monday, September 19, 2011

Junk Bonanza 2011!


I had not heard of this until Friday night when a friend of mine said she was going the next morning and I thought it sounded interesting, interesting is an understatement....COOLEST EVENT EVER!!

What is this Junk Bonanza you ask, this is what their website says, "The Bonanza hosts more than 130 juried "junk" vendors of vintage finds, beautiful antiques, one-of-a-kind and artisan-repurposed pieces."  Seriously, 130 vendors!  I follow an awesome blog called "IHeart Organizing" and she also made the trip and blogged about it with lots of adorable pictures and ideas here.

I looked on their site before I went on Saturday and saw it cost $8 to get in...I wasn't sure about that, and then also read that you can get a three day pass for $25.  "Why would you want to go all three days?" I asked myself...because you literally find something new around every corner every time you walk by it, no matter how many times you walk by it.  Next year, I will definitely be making another trip and I might make it all three days, totally worth it!

There was the most amazing stuff!  We're lucky we have a small house where we can't put too much stuff, because I would have come home with a lot more:)  So many cute furniture pieces!  I had to use so much self control...it was not easy.  This is what I came home with, all for $40, which I think is pretty good:)


I got this adorable little crate, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, books, hats and mittens...we shall see.  Hooks for the wall in our entry way, I may paint them.  I bucket to hide all our pens in the kitchen.  And last but not least, some antique binding that I am going to use to make some flowers, so excited, I love the colors!

I brought little miss Adeline with and she was fussy for about half the time...I will be going alone next year:)  I think I will be making a wish list this whole next year for when I go.  Can't wait!!

No comments: