Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lineage of Grace

I absolutely LOVE historical nonfiction books, kind of a junkie for history, but then adding a story behind it, so fascinating! 

Der asks me all the time, "You do know it's not ALL true right?"  Of course I know, but there's nothing wrong with loving it anyway:)

So my most recent book I read is "A Lineage of Grace."  I think the Bible is one of the craziest, most awesome books ever, and the ancestral line of Jesus is so interesting.  I'll be totally honest and say I have not read the whole Bible cover to cover, it's on my list.



Anyway, this book actually contains 5 different books, each story about five different women of the Bible God chose, Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary .  So it's nice if you don't have ton of time to read because each story isn't that long.

I just love that she puts thoughts and feelings behind all the people, which you don't always get in the Bible.  She made me look at the stories and gave me a different perspective for each woman.  I want to me like each of those women in different ways.  Tamar for her hope, Rahab for her faith, Ruth for her love, Bathsheba who got unlimited grace, and Mary for her obedience.  They inspire me to be a better woman, and I thank them and God for their presence in my life.

The best part of this book is the Bible study at the end of each woman's story.  Loved it! 

recommend reading it if you have time, such a great reminder that God is in control and everything happens for a reason. 

"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

No comments: