Friday, September 16, 2011

Trustworthy

I really try to be someone who is trustworthy.  When I say I'm going to do something, you can trust me to do it.


When I tell someone that I'll watch their kids anytime, I truly mean I'll watch their kids. 


When I tell someone I'm praying for them, I'm not just saying it to say it, they are included in my prayers daily.


When someone calls, texts or emails me, I get back to them...maybe not right away or even the same day, but I get back to them.


When I volunteer for things I make sure I show up and  give it my everything.


I want people to feel they can come to me for help and a good friend.


Obviously I won't say "always" or "never" because I'm not perfect and will occasionally not be available or forget to call someone back, but it's rare.


I love these verses about being trustworthy:


"Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right." Proverbs 8:5-7

"A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret." Proverbs 11:13

"The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy." Proverbs 12:23

No comments: