Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Card

We really wish we could send our Christmas card to everyone we know, unfortunately we are not able to because of cost, but you can see it below if you like:)



Hi there family and friends!  We LOVE getting Christmas cards and reading letters from everyone, it’s one of our favorite things this time of year.  That’s probably why we also love sending our card and letter every year.  And we got it out BEFORE Christmas…for most of you anywayJ

So here’s 2011 in a nutshell.

Adeline Grace Halvorson is our newest little joy, born June 28th.  She’s named after Derek’s Grandma Adeline and my Great-Grandma Grace.  She has already grown and changed so much since then.  She got her first two teeth at three months, just like her brother.  She has the most beautiful blue eyes, also like her brother, and LOVES him and smiles and giggles every time she sees him…I hope that lasts for a very loooooong timeJ  She’s super sensitive, so don’t look or talk to her the wrong way or her lip will start quivering and then she’ll cry…she cries when Derek sneezes, it is loud, ha.  She rolls and scooches all over the place and everything ends up in her mouth.  She apparently never wants to stop playing because she stays up all night long, but always wakes up smiling.  Mom and Dad are a little sleepy.  She’ll sleep someday…right?   We love our little wide-eyed night owl to pieces!

Hakan turned two on July 28th, yes, the “I can do anything and everything all by myself without your help, but then I cry and get upset when I can’t do it myself and then want your help anyway,” two.  If I could just have half the energy he does.  He literally bounces off walls…usually with his head.  Our poor kitty, Bear, gets chased and tackled around the house constantly; she’s pretty good for putting up with him.  Some people say he’s a mini Derek, I totally agree!  He currently loves balls, trucks, tractors, dirt, snow, Thomas the Train, Curious George and Nemo, such a boy.  When he’s trying to tell you something he likes to use his hands, so cute.  He tells his sister “bless you” when she sneezes and says please and thank you with the sweetest little voice.  We love him so much!

Now that we have kids, it seems kind of boring to even write about us, but I’ll keep it super short.

Derek’s starting his 7th busy season at Abdo, Eick & Myers as a C.P.A., he mainly does non-profit auditing, but is still really busy during “tax season.”  He has beautiful blue eyes, ha, kidding, but really he doesJ  One of Derek’s clients is out in Salt Lake City, UT, so we left Hakan with my sister, Alyssa, who graciously watched him, while I tagged along for our first “vacation” since our honeymoon six years ago.  I think he wore her outJ  Derek worked some, we found some delicious restaurants and visited Park City’s Olympic Park, pretty amazing.  It’s a gorgeous place, we’d love to go back…work not included.

I am pretty much at home with the two little ones, challenging at times, but I love it.  I sew and craft when I can (during nap time) and opened my own etsy shop online, etsy.com/shop/anchoredhope, where I sell a few things.  I do still work for the Colon Cancer Coalition, Get Your Rear in Gear 5k races, but I don’t have the same position, I now work with race day registrations and other odds and ends that need to be done.  If you’re over 50, get a colonoscopy, no excuses!  If you have a family history, get one sooner!  It’s the number one most treatable cancer if caught in the early stages.  There, there’s my plug.

We hope this finds you in good health.  We’re praying for healing, comfort and peace for our friends and family that need it.  Please keep Derek’s dad, Ken, in your prayers as he’s been having numerous long seizures and has been in and out of the hospital.  Thank you.

We feel so blessed to have you in our lives and love you so unbelievably much!
                                                                                   
Merry Christmas and Happy 2012! 
Derek, Lacy, Hakan & Adeline Halvorson

No comments: