Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Hand Warmers

These were so easy peesy.  I saw them somewhere, but can't remember where.

I started with a super a cheap piece of scrap fleece.


Then I cut out a heart shape that's about 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches out of card stock.


Then I doubled up the fabric and cut around the heart to get two matching pieces.


Then I sewed about a 1/4" around the heart leaving a small opening.



Then I added some rice with a funnel, you can use whatever rice you have.  Don't fill it too full or you won't be able to sew it shut as easily.


Push the rice as far away from the hole as possible and using a couple pins, pin the hole and sew it shut.



Trim the excess fleece off.



I took some twine, printed a little message and attached it to a pair of hearts.  Voila!  Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and stick them in your mittens.  The perfect stocking stuffer:)


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love this idea, Lacy! They turned out super cute.