Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Quiz

I saw this here and here:)

Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure, the best kind is homemade with whole milk, I know, super healthy:)  2 cups whole milk, 2 T. dutch cocoa, 2 T. sugar, simmer and stir in pot, serves 1 or 2, yum!

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Um...we're thinking next year we're just going to celebrate St. Nicholas (actual person) on December 6th, his feast day, and then on Christmas celebrate Jesus' birthday.  The grandma's both leave them unwrapped.


Colored lights on tree/house or white? On our trees we use both and if we had a house we could put lights on, I would say colored!

Do you hang mistletoe? No, but it sounds like fun!

When do you put your decorations up? Usually Thanksgiving weekend, but we had to take a trip to MO, so it was the next weekend.

What is your favorite holiday dish? A healthier green bean casserole we made this year was delicious and of course lefse with butter, cinnamon and sugar!!


Favorite holiday memory as a child? I've always LOVED decorating the tree!
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember, it wasn't traumatic as far as I know.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I've always grown up having multiple Christmases, so we opened gifts a bunch of days and now we celebrate Christmas Eve with Der's fam and Christmas Day with mine.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, ornaments from when both Der and I were kids (handmade and bought) and now we have Hakan and Adeline's ornaments as well.


Snow! Love it or dread it? Absolutely LOVE it!  The past couple of years we've had a ton of snow in ND, two years ago we got 26 inches in two days, it was awesome!  The town streets weren't plowed two days later and my step dad towed us to the interstate, ha!  This year there isn't any snow, ridiculous and crazy! I would like a white Christmas please!

Can you ice skate?  Yes, haven't been in a while though.

Do you remember your favorite gift? That's hard...maybe a portable CD player, only the coolest thing ever:)

What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?  Being with family and always remembering the the greatest gift of all is Jesus.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Just one thing?!  I LOVE any kind of cookie, chocolate crinkle, peanut butter blossom, sugar, I could go on and on.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree and baking:)

What tops your tree? Nothing, haven't made/found the right thing yet.

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I think I like them both equally, with kids it's super fun to watch them open gifts and see their faces light up.


Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy if they're cinnamon or Starburst's.

Favorite Christmas show? Elf, I laugh so hard every time I watch it!

Saddest Christmas song? Sad Christmas song?!

What is your favorite Christmas song? I'm in love with the Sleeping at Last Christmas album, so good!

No comments: